I must admit, this one seriously caught me on the back foot, but it was sooo much fun to play. Perfectly strange, occasionally very creepy, and so, so infuriating at times! But I made a video, I'm glad to see that you guys haven't recorded thousands of names, and that I just happened to pick the right one!!
The Unique Adventure's Demo
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
If the game's download doesn't start, make sure you are not blocking your pop-ups!
The Unique Adventure is a first person, cleverly-narrated, decision driven comedy game. Your parents have just left the country so they can expand their business - time for your reliable personality to fully shine. You're on your way back home after a party, when you get this extremely good idea to see how your ex-girlfriend is doing. As you jump over her backyard fence, you trip and smash your head on the pavement. Next thing you know, you wake up in an unfamiliar apartment. Who sheltered you remains a mystery. What's even worse, is that you don't even know if they've sheltered or kidnapped you. All of these worrying thoughts are certainly not helping the headache you're feeling. As you progress, you start realizing this place isn't like any other - strange things start happening. Doors that were never there start appearing out of nowhere. That's not even the weirdest thing! There is a voice that keeps telling you what to do. Can you trust it? Will you manage to escape? It is all ENTIRELY up to you!
• You get to choose how it will all play out! The demo itself offers 5 very important decisions that will impact whether you'll escape or not.
• The demo features two endings. Which one you get depends entirely on how well you choose.
• The Unique Adventure pushes the boundaries beyond what you've seen in any other game, thanks to The Unique Punishment System. If you refuse to listen to the Guide, you get all sorts of punishments. At one point, you could lose the ability to hear anything but him... you know... just to make sure you're focusing on the right thing.
• There are a ton of references - TV series, other games, popular brands with altered names, etc. All of that, so you can feel the pleasure of saying "Wow, I know where this is from!".
• Since we realize how important the internet is, we decided to include cats in the game... If you feel overburdened by all the choices, you can sit back and watch The Unique Cat Commercial we've added!
• Over 200 hand-crafted assets, made exclusivelly for The Unique Adventure! What you see ingame is a one-of-a-kind thing. That, plus the stylized art-style really bring the game to life.
• Over 70 audio files and over 20 minutes of narration just in the demo alone! The Guide is here to help! The demo also features 7 different tracks, that will play as you explore the building. The power of the Guide's voice, combined with the OST's of the game really bring the project a step further.
• A mixture of many different styles - we have a horror corridor, the escape room, the comedy hall, etc. All of that, so you can have a huge variety of choices.
• A lot of interactible things. Some of the objects can be picked up and examined. Light switches can be flipped on and off. There is even a working range hood!
Kickstarter Campaign : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/746734997/the...
Steam Greenlight : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/...
Press Kit : http://www.filedropper.com/theuniquepresskit
Our Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/darkestdesirestudio/
Our YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCByPqtYUced51tvYQ...
Contact our Voice Actor : https://soundcloud.com/dominic-james-29
Contact our Music Composer : https://soundcloud.com/joshualfmitchell
To play - Just unzip the archive and double-click the .exe file.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
I tried out the game and got one of the two endings. I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game and I made a let's play video on it, giving my thoughts. I do plan to play through it again to get the alternate ending.
Download ain't workin D:
This game was so different from your last one, Dead Loop! I was surprised by the tone, but I really enjoyed play it, it's one of the best Stanley Parable-inspired games I've ever played. You did a really got job keeping things fresh and fun, and the narration was on par with Stanley Parable itself! Kudos to you across the board, really fun experience.
Only gripe I would have is the lack of plot. After the introduction it's sort of...forgotten it seemed like, in favor of just silly antics. I'm sure you have more in mind for the full version, but that's just something that stuck out. Apart from that, it's pretty hard for me to find stuff to complain about!
Watch my Lumps Play! If you're new, Lumps Plays = pop-up commentary like VH1 from back in the day. Check me out for a fresh take on the Let's Play formula, you'll like it :P
The Unique Adventure is exactly as the title suggests, it's very unique!
The game is driven heavily by a narrative experience so if you aren't a fan of those types of games, than this isn't for you. If you are, then you will love it!
The graphics and environment look very nice for an indie game as Darkest Desire Studio kills it again in this department. The interactions and controls all handle extremely well as I never found myself straining to open a door or interact with an object. The music and soundtrack are all perfectly spot-on and match the tone of the game. Even the voice acting makes for a few laughs and just adds to the overall atmosphere.
There are very few negatives that I could find with this demo: maybe that it was a bit too long for a demo with some parts making time drag a bit? I don't really know, that might be grasping at straws at that point.
Overall, The Unique Adventure is a REALLY fun experience and it certainly sets a unique bar that other games should seek to reach too, great job again Desire!
I made a Let's Play of Unique Adventure so I hope you check it out and let me know what you think!
THE STANLEY PARABLE 2 ?! | The Unique Adventure Demo Full Gameplay Walkthrough
THIS GAME IS LIKE A STANLEY PARABLE SEQUEL !
This game taught me about how hard headed and stupid I really am. Watch at your own risk.
Absolutely great game, can't wait to see this when it's done! Really hope this gets funded!
Here is my gameplay for such a lovely game :)
I really liked this game! Funny, nice gameplay, all together a rather relaxing game! Here is my playthrough if anyone is interested!
for some reson it wont downlode\install for me
my brutally honest review of the game